FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
Attending UP 2014
Where is UP 2014 held?
Up 2014 conference, scheduled on December 11th, 2014, will be held in Holiday Inn Golden Gateway, which is perfectly situated for San Francisco exploration, minutes from prime attractions like Fisherman's Wharf, the Presidio, Union Square shopping, and award-winning restaurants.
Holiday Inn Golden Gateway,
1500 Van Ness Avenue,
San Francisco, California 94109
How can we register to attend UP 2014?
Please click the following link to register today - http://up.eventbrite.com
If you need to make the case to your manager that the best use of your organization's training budget is your attendance at UP we have created a customizable Justify Your Attendance Toolkit, which provides resources that show why it is both cost effective and strategically important to your organization.
Do you have any discount programs?
Corporate / Block bookings - If you are an employee of one of our select loyalty partner program, great news! We offer multiple and group booking discount starting at 25% off for 3 or more tickets. CxO level executives from our loyalty network are eligible to receive a complimentary pass, please send us a mail to email@example.com with your request.
Members of Media / Journalists / Bloggers and Social Influencers - Get exclusive up close and personal access to cloud leaders getting your readers the inside scoop before your competition! Get your free pass today! Send us a mail with your request and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org (Proof of media affiliation will be required to confirm your ticket)
Academia - Struggling to pay for your education? We know the feeling, because we were in university too. Good news - We offer 50% discount for members of the educational industry. Send us a mail with your request and credentials to email@example.com
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations can be made at least one month before the start of the event and will be charged a fee of 25% of the invoice total.
Attendees may nominate an alternative person from their organisation to attend up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. After this date, the full invoiced amount is payable.
If you are unable to attend the event, we recommend that you send a substitution request to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that organizers can assist you in making your desired changes. Please visit this link for full details on registration terms and conditions - http://up.eventbrite.com
Speaking at UP 2014
We have a great speaking session to share with the community. How do we submit?
In order to submit your proposal please visit http://www.up-con.com/cfp.html for more information.
What are deadlines for speaking submissions?
Call for Papers Open - Sept 15, 2014
Call for Papers Closes at 5:00pm - Oct 15, 2014
Confirmations of Acceptance Sent - Oct 21, 2014
Do I have to sponsor the event in order to speak?
You don’t have to be a sponsor. 80% of UP event sessions are provided free of charge to speakers. The submission is free of charge, and if selected there is no cost to present.
Will my presentation be recorded?
All speaker sessions will be recorded and made available for reuse (with full shared copyrights) to the materials. The content is typically provided back to speakers within 2 weeks after the event.
Cloud Awards at UP 2014
How do we nominate our solution for the awards?
Please visit http://up-con.com/awards.html for full details on how to nominate. There's no cost to nominate and participate in all rounds of public voting. Nominating in multiple categories is permitted, however only one nomination is free of charge. Additional nominations carry a fee of $250 per category, payable through Eventbrite.
What are deadlines for cloud awards?
Nominations Opens - Sept 15, 2014
Nominations Closed - Oct 11, 2014
Qualifier Voting Open - Oct 15, 2014
Qualifier Voting Closes - Nov 21, 2014
Finals (On-site Voting) and Closing Awards Ceremony - Dec 11, 2014
What are rules of engagement for cloud awards?
- Points collected in first round do not count towards final round onsite vote which is the final determining outcome. The entry that gets most votes in the final round will be the winner in category.
- Round 1 Ties: In case of tie, organizers will extend the voting period for more time until a clear winner stays atop for 24 hours. Categories with clear winners (1 company per place) are locked on official cutoff date. e.g Category X has clear Position 1, Position 2 and 3 companies tied for Position 3. In this case these 3 companies will go through.
- For Round 1, If there are not enough nominations per category (minimum of 7 companies), organizers reserve the right to call a “No Contest” to that respective category. In this case nominees have the option to renominate for alternative applicable category.
- Companies can nominate for multiple categories that are relevant to their offering. Only the first nomination is free, additional nominations carry a fee of $250 / category - payable prior to voting close date. If additional nomination fees are not paid on time, only 1 nomination will be added to the voting system.
- Nominating for multiple category with a unique record / nomination entry for each category increases relevance and appeal of your elevator pitch.
- Only nominations submitted by authorized company representatives (including authorized PR agencies) will be considered valid.
Sponsoring UP 2014
How do I find out about available sponsorship packages?
Contact us today at email@example.com and position your company as a leader at UP and within the cloud computing industry. Sponsorship places are filling up fast, so act now to secure your package! Take advantage of the many options available to you to reach the influential UP community. Sponsorship categories and desirable spaces on the show floor sell out fast.
What are the benefits of sponsoring UP?
Interact with over 15,000+ Senior Executives from Fortune 1000 organization who tune into Live proceedings. Present your cloud services and solutions to a captivated audience of active buyers from multiple industry verticals. Go to market with the world’s largest Cloud Computing community, that has grown from strength to strength, with membership increasing quarterly and members hailing from all parts of the world. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
What marketing efforts will promote UP 2014?
The event will be promoted through numerous marketing communication channels including email, online advertising, social media, user group communications, sales engagements with our customers, and other tradeshows. Sponsoring UP 2014 will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Connect with an influential community of 286,000 people
- Establish your company as a unique solution provider in today’s ecosystem
- Build your company brand and awareness as a trusted cloud provider
- Network with leading cloud vendors sales team and executives, press, and analysts
- Create sales leads and build new relationships with prospective customers.